Given that best practices are here to stay, I thought it important to come up with a set of best practices for creating them:
- Don’t let the “practices” part of best practices get in the way. Best theories work just as well.
- Don’t let the “best” part of best practices get in the way. Mildly useful practices should be given the chance to be best, too.
- ignore risk. It makes you feel better. Ignore gravity, too. It’s easier on the knees.
- Ignore cost. Those pesky dollars are always getting in the way.
- Be certain. This whole idea that the future is uncertain is too unsettling.
Now, go forth and prosper!